The Flinders Archaeological Society (ArchSoc) is a not-for-profit organisation dedicated to enhancing the experience of Flinders’ archaeology students and to broadening the understanding of archaeology and heritage among the student body. As we know, to succeed in archaeology you need to be proficient in volunteering, networking and teamwork. ArchSoc strives to facilitate the development of these skills through a range of social networking and professional development events. We have pub crawls, pub nights, monthly BBQs, an annual quiz night, training days, community days, seminars and subsidised volunteer opportunities. Being part of ArchSoc will certainly benefit you and make your time at university much more pleasant and rewarding.
The purpose of the society is to contribute to the social networking and professional development of Flinders archaeology students by:
- hosting social and academic events throughout the academic year;
- facilitating student networking amongst other students and professionals;
- promoting student attendance at conferences;
- promoting the Flinders University Department of Archaeology and its staff, students and associates;
- promoting ethical approaches and best practice procedures in archaeology; and
- engaging the wider community with archaeology in interactive and informative ways.